Monday, May 16, 2011

I Would Walk a Thousand Miles

"But I can't run anymore"

I must admit it, I hate running. I dread it all day, and I don't want to do it. I had hoped that if I continued doing it anyway, I would eventually enjoy it. But I don't. When I finish I feel good, because I am finished. But my knees burn. And my ankles hurt, and the tendon that goes over the back of my heel (Achilles?) is killing me, burning with fire. And so, I have decided to back up, and just walk. I will be walking twice as far, and at a brisk pace (power walking) instead of running. Movement is movement. And as soon as I lose some more pounds, I will try running again. But at this point, I feel that by running I am putting myself at a really high risk of hurting myself, and thus being sidelined. And so, I am walking three times a week (or more) instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment