Monday, March 5, 2012

Starting Over

I have been awful at this of late. This morning I realized I had put on 11 (ELEVEN!) pounds :( So sad. But every bit deserved. I quit working out, I quit watching my portions, I quit eating healthy. So yea, totally expected, but not happy. This morning I finally fit in a workout. It's hard. I have four kids between the ages of 1 and 6. My hubby works long hours. We don't make much money, so I can't afford a sitter or a gym membership. Plus, the nearest gym is 40 miles away. So it is difficult to find time to work on me. But that is no excuse. So this morning, I put the baby in his jumper, sent the 6 year old off to school, told the other two I was going to exercise, and got to work.

Have I mentioned my love for Richard Simmons?

He is an amazing man, just amazing. He is close to 70 years old now, and is STILL conducting weekly classes at his gym in California, and putting on his "Cruis to Lose" cruise program every year! I have a few of his videos, because I just love the way he leads the workout, the way he encourages and strengthens people. I would love to be able to meet him some day. Is it silly that that is a dream of mine, LOL Who cares. The man has inspired me. Do you know that he was once an overweight young adult? When he decided to lose weight, he went to several gyms and was turned away because his weight was an insurance liability. Appalling! So he started his own gym, and he never turns people away. I find him an inspiration. He marches to the beat of his own drum, and I love it! Anyways,  I put in a Richard Simmons tape (love that man), "Dance Your Pants Off!" I finished it just a bit ago. I am so glad I did. It felt so good to do a little workout.  


It wasn't easy, I had kids who want me to play with them instead, but you know, taking this 45 minutes a day for myself isn't going to harm them. I was with them the whole time. But not taking this 45 minutes a day, could one day kill me. I want to be there when my kids graduate college. I want to be at their weddings. I want to see my sons serve missions for our church, and our daughters if they so choose. I want to know all my grandchildren. And I can't do that if I die from preventable issues. Obesity is preventable. Type 2 diabetes is preventable. Stroke (to a degree) is preventable. High blood pressure, high cholesterol are preventable. If I don't take care of my body, get healthy, stay healthy, etc. and I die from a weight-related illness/disease/issue, then it is MY FAULT. I imagine the guilt of that would haunt me forever. I see it as little different than a parent who walks out on a child's life. So I am striving once again, to hit the ground running. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment